Horizon is a reputable fitness equipment manufacturer known for its excellent T series treadmills, the T202 treadmill in particular. If you want to get a high-quality and functional treadmill, this solid machine is definitely worth the money.
The Horizon T202 is perfect for those individuals looking for an affordable machine for walking and light indoor jogging. This machine reminds the 2014 Horizon T202; however, the 2022 version is upgraded with new technology, making it more comfortable and powerful compared to the previous model.
The T202 is an excellent, compact treadmill that will fit well in most spaces. Besides, this machine folds up for easy storage, so you won’t even notice it in your room.
Pros: What We Like About the Horizon T202
- the affordable price of $799 on a discount
- reliable one-year parts warranty
- a quiet yet decent motor that can easily handle challenging workouts
- a free Sport app, which can control the equipment from the touchscreen of any device
- 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning, which effectively reduces strain on your knees and ankles
- built-in Bluetooth speakers to stream music wirelessly from your devices
- the Horizon T202 features a cooling fan, two LED data windows with alphanumeric displays, and a built-in tablet rack a build-in FeatherLight folding ability
- the treadmill can be folded for easy storage and transport
- includes the energy saver mode for longer motor exploitation
- the Surround Sound speaker system and dock that make workouts fly by
- inclines up to 12% in increments of 0.5%, which is perfect for more effective incline training workouts
Cons: What We didn’t Like About the Horizon T202
- budget one-ply treadbelt of 1.4 mm thick, which is not that durable as two-ply or even four-ply belts
- the treadmill doesn’t suit for intense running training
- the fan is rather loud and has a weak airflow
- the machine doesn’t include a chest strap to monitor heart rate while running
Customer Reviews & Ratings
Customers’ opinions are split in half. Many consumers were completely satisfied with their purchases. They noted the excellent quality and durability of the Horizon T202. The customers emphasized the machine is definitely worth the money and that it works exactly as described: “If you’re considering this treadmill, know that I wouldn’t hesitate to replace the one I have with the exact same model…”
A lot of consumers also report for reliability and safety of construction and overall operation of the treadmill, along with its functionality. The machine has a diversity of features that you might find useful. Nevertheless, some consumers note several significant Horizon T202 disadvantages that left them disappointed with the item.
Thus, some customers complain about issues with the motor operation: “I’ve owned this product for 6 months and was pleased with its performance during that time. Now I’m afraid to use it; treadmills stopping unexpectedly can be dangerous…”
The Horizon T202 comes with a simple-to-use console and 12 different workout programs. You can also use it in manual mode to test the machine before launching pre-programmed workouts.
The latest updates of the T202 have the new eye-pleasing LCD screen with a red overall background and black lettering that shows your daily progress. In addition, there are the LED windows below the ledge that allow you to keep up with your workout progress in case you’ve placed a mobile device or tablet on the shelf right in front of the LCD screen.
Is the Horizon T202 Easy to Assemble?
Yes, the Horizon T202 is easy to assemble, so you can feel free to purchase it even if you’ve never owned a treadmill before. The assembly can be easily done by two people, but if at the time you don’t have anyone to help you, you can put the machine together even on your own. Besides, Horizon provides an assembly service at an additional cost, perfect for those who don’t want to spend time on this.
What Is the Weight of The Horizon T202?
The Horizon T202 weighs 187 lbs, which is less than the average motorized treadmill weight. Generally, the heavier a treadmill is, the more weight it can handle. However, regardless of this machine is not heavy at all, the max permissible user weight is 325 lbs.