The Horizon 7.8 AT is the new updated Studio Series lineup treadmill launched in 2019. Having all the best features carried by the Horizon 7.4 AT, it also involves a full-color LED/TFT display screen, a larger-than-standard running deck, a more powerful motor, and highly responsive speed rollers, making it worth the money.
The 7.8 AT treadmill is an excellent solution for those looking for a user-friendly, intuitive machine with a powerful motor and full-size running platform. With a diversity of training programs, which come with the treadmill, you can make your indoor workouts more functional and efficient.
Pros: What We Like About the Horizon 7.8 AT
- bright and legible 9.3-inch LED/TFT display screen
- powerful motor (4.0HP) and Rapid Sync system that allows to make speed and incline adjustments 33% faster
- quick-access roller speed and incline controls
- built-in Sprint 8 training program for intense HIIT training
- Bluetooth wireless chest strap for heart rate monitoring
- exceptional lifetime warranty on motor and frame and a 5-year warranty for parts
Cons: What We Don’t Like About the Horizon 7.8 AT
- the 7.8 AT doesn’t have a touchscreen or built-in video workouts
- the machine weighs a lot compared to other similar treadmills
- you may have problems with synchronizing Bluetooth with your device while using the treadmill
Customer Reviews & Ratings
With 149 reviews, the Horizon Fitness 7.8 AT is rated at 4.2 stars, which indicates the treadmill enjoys great popularity worldwide. All customers emphasize the high quality of the machine, especially in comparison to other fitness equipment brands:
“So far I love this treadmill. It’s much quieter than my previous Nordic Track, and I appreciate the built-in speakers and ability to stream my workouts into it…”
At the same time, some Horizon Fitness customers note issues with electronics. Thus, on the website, you can find some disappointed feedback emphasizing their treadmills failed within a few months of operation:
“The treadmill start out fine, but after a few months of using it, the electronics started to fail. First, the console would shut off in the middle of a workout…”
Does the Horizon 7.8 AT Come with Built in Workout Programs?
The Horizon 7.8 AT treadmill has ten built-in training programs, including the Sprint 8, a high-intensity interval training (HIIT) program.
Does the Horizon 7.8 AT Have Wheels?
Yes, the treadmill has four wheels under the frame so that you can roll the machine when it’s folded. Still, consider that the 7.8 AT is heavy (the treadmill weighs 330lbs) when moving it.
Is the Horizon 7.8 AT Easy to Assemble?
The Horizon 7.8 AT is easy enough to assemble, especially if you follow the assembly manual attached to the treadmill.