Having trouble with the furniture scratching your expensive hardwood floors? Learn how to make it right with our shortlist of practical tips. See our expertise to keep your floors scratch-free and shiny.
Move Furniture Around Carefully
First and foremost, you’ve got to take control of your furniture moving habits. Whenever you decide to move something or rearrange the interior room elements, you should avoid pushing and dragging the furniture.
The best idea would be to keep it as a general rule of thumb: what’s moving — shouldn’t touch the floor during the process. This way, you will decrease the number of unexpected scratches.
Of course, this may be hard if we’re talking about enormous furniture pieces, but there is a solution to that too.
One of the old techniques that helps people drag or push a large furniture unit includes a rug and a few extra minutes. You can simply tuck the rug under the item you’re trying to move.
Carefully place the piece onto the rug and then drag the rug along with the furniture. This way, your item will not have a direct touching point with the floors.
Consider the Area Rugs
Speaking of rugs. Did you know that area rugs significantly improve the protection of your expensive hardwood floors? And we’re not talking about carpeting your entire room with rugs, carpets, and other pieces of fiber. There is a balance that might work great for you.
One of the best solutions that will help you protect your floors from unnecessary scratches is using the rugs in separate areas where the most ‘dangerous’ furniture is used.
People tend to use area rugs under the coffee tables in the living rooms, under the armchairs in the lounge zone of the apartment, etc. Basically, area rugs are used for those zones where the furniture is static and is not moved from time to time. So basically, the scratches appear in these areas not because of the moving or dragging, but because of the pressing that the furniture feet applies to the floor.
There is no need to use a very thick area rug; a slim one will do the job. The idea is to keep the furniture feet away from the surface itself.
Furniture pads can be the solution
Not a huge fan of the area rugs? We get it, it’s not for everyone, that interior design solution may seem weird or inconvenient for some of our readers. No worries, there is a perfect solution that may help you protect the floors in your apartment — furniture pads.
There are hundreds of furniture pad types available on the market as of today. You can find them in different forms or various attachment methods. The most popular ones have the adhering tape on one of the sides that will help you stick the pads to the furniture feet. We have compiled an ultimate list of furniture pads to choose from:
– Round furniture pads
- PROTECT YOUR HARD SURFACES - Everyday use and movement of furniture can be damaging your hard floor surfaces. These SoftTouch Felt Pads to protect your beautiful floors from scratches
- REDUCE SCRATCHING AND NOISE - Use these round felt pads to reduce friction and noise while moving furniture and protect your hardwood, ceramic, tile, linoleum floors and all other hard surfaces from unsightly scratches and damage
- ELIMINATE NOISE FROM EVERYDAY USE - Never again hear the annoying scraping sound of a chair being pushed against a hard surface - round felt pads help reduce noise from everyday use
- HEAVY DUTY, PERFECT FOR ALL FURNITURE - The long-lasting, heavy-duty furniture round felt pads are super durable with a self-stick adhesive and can be used on tables, cedar chests, chairs, curio cabinets, desks and much more
- VALUE PACK WITH 16 PIECES - Each value pack includes 16, 1" diameter round, brown color furniture felt pieces
Most of the furniture in our daily use have round feet and are not that big. The regular round pads will do the job for most of the Wayfair and other mass-market solutions. These 1-inch furniture pads adhere really well, yet it’s not that hard to take it off when you decide to change them or remove them.
These pads can be found online in a variety of sizes, colors, thicknesses, etc. You can see that they’re among the top-selling products on Amazon in the furniture protection section.
Customer reviews state that these furniture pads can be considered the best solution to avoid hardwood floor scratches and keep this surface safe.
– Pads for extra-large or unusual furniture feet
- FORGET ABOUT SCRATCHES! Furniture felt pads X-PROTECTOR - best protection for Your wooden, laminate or tiled flooring in Your lovely home. Our furniture coasters create shield between floor and furniture, desks & tabletops, which carefully protect surface from scratches and scuffs.
- X-PROTECTOR 8 THICK HEAVY DUTY 8"x6"x1/5" BEIGE FELT SHEETS. Your chairs has round legs, recliners has big square legs and Your couch needs a special size? CUT SIZES YOU NEED of felt floor protectors for ALL Your furniture.
- X-PROTECTOR SIUTABLE FOR ANY HOME FURNITURE ESPECIALY HEAVY - our wood floor protectors are perfect for any type of chair legs, furniture feet and other home furniture. CUT & STICK felts to furniture feet - and You will move ANY FURNITURE without any damages and scratches to Your floor!
- X-PROTECTOR STRONG MATERIAL AND TENACIOUS ADHESIVE! Our furniture pads are made of strong eco-friendly material with recycled fibers. Tenacious adhesive guaranteed You can easy stick it to any furniture surface and be sure it will hold on and protect for a long time.
- X-PROTECTOR IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK - AVOID THE COPIES. WE GUARANTEE OUR CUSTOMERS 100% SATISFACTION WITH OUR PREMIUM FELT FURNITURE PADS! IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR HARDWOOD FLOOR PROTECTORS - WE WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY - JUST TELL. ORDER IT NOW RISK FREE - PRESS THE BUTTON «ADD TO CART» RIGHT NOW!
Sometimes we get to deal with the furniture that has unusual feet, and you’ve got to be creative about the feet protection. To make it easier for you, there are furniture pads for large items with a stronger adhering effect and bigger size.
This product is considered a universal solution for furniture that has specific shapes of feet and unusual patterns that none of the round/rectangle pads can cover.
Since you’re getting sheets instead of separate pads, you will be able to cut them in the form you need. It’s like a sandbox where you can do whatever you want. Customers appreciate this product and tend to highlight how universal it is.
The best thing about it is that it gives you an opportunity to cover anything touching the surface of your hardwood floor, no matter the shape. Don’t be scared by the word ‘universal,’ it’s not lousy or inconvenient in any way.
– FurnitureCap editorial pick
- X-PROTECTOR FURNITURE FELT PADS - best protection for Your wooden, laminate or tiled floors. Our furniture coasters create strong shield between floor and furniture, desks & tabletops, which carefully protect surface from scratches and scuffs.
- ONLY NOW 1 + 1 PACK X-PROTECTOR! 1 brown (106 piece) + 1 beige (27 piece). Total 133 chair glides. That's all furniture floor protectors You need at home - brown for dark furniture and beige for bright furniture.
- DIVERSITY SIZES X-PROTECTOR anti scratch furniture pads - brown 106: (45) ¾", (24) 1", (36) 1x1", (1) 3x4" + beige 27: (10) ¾", (8) 1", (4) 1 ½", (4) ½x6", (1) 4 2/3x6". A lot of sizes of chair leg floor protectors will ensures, You will find pads that fit to all of home furniture and items which you have.
- X-PROTECTOR SIUTABLE FOR ANY HOME FURNITURE - our wood floor protectors for furniture are perfect for any chair legs, furniture feet and home furniture, electrical and other items. It's very easy to stick our felt floor protectors to Your home furniture and items.
- X-PROTECTOR IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK - AVOID THE COPIES. WE GUARANTEE OUR CUSTOMERS 100% SATISFACTION WITH OUR PREMIUM FELT FURNITURE PADS! If You don't like our hardwood floor protectors - WE WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY - JUST TELL. ORDER IT NOW RISK FREE - PRESS THE BUTTON «ADD TO CART» RIGHT NOW!
We prefer to get the best price/quality ratio, so we’ve located the best option for those struggling with the floor scratches. We offer you to try these furniture pads that can be considered the most budget-friendly solution for you.
First of all, it comes in a set that includes both shaped pads and universal sheets. Plus, it contains more than 130 pads; the size, color, and shape is various. Since this is a set with more than a hundred pads, this is a great deal in the sense of budget.
Examine the Furniture Feet Before you Place It
Sometimes our furniture is not even that ‘scratchy,’ it may be about the way you place it. If you do not examine the feed before moving your furniture, you may not even know that it can leave scratch marks before you get one.
To avoid that, we highly recommend you checking the feet of every furniture piece that you buy before you place it on your expensive hardwood floors.
Summing things up
Hardwood floors deserve to shine and bring a sophisticated look to your apartment. To make sure the surface is bright and avoid the scratches, you’ve got to make your furniture less scratchy. Use the pads or area rugs to provide protect your floors; these two solutions are the most widespread.
Make sure you do not forget to handle your furniture (move, drag, push) with care. Otherwise, your floor can get hurt.
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API